Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Last Week in Cape Verde






Eesh. Already Monday again. 

This week was great. But let me start off with last week since I didnt have much time to explain last monday. We went on over to Fogo on the boat at the end of the week. We almost all fed the fish... but we had a special training given by Pres Mathews and his wife. Wow. It was based on how we are to become desciples for life. Not just for these 18 or 24 months. It had me crying, I think eveyone thought I was going a little cray cray. 
They showed a clip from a talk Elder Holland gave at the MTC where he talks about the story of when the descipels, after Christ had died, went back to thier fishing nets. WHile they fished the Savior called to them from the shore telling them to cast the nets on the other side of the boat seeing that they hadnt had any succuss that day. As they did as told and caught a net full of fish they realized that it was Jesus who had called to them. When they got back to the beach the scriptures tell us that Christ sat Peter down and asked him, "Peter, lovest thou me more than these?". Peter responded "Yea Lord". A second time, Jesus assedar,"lovest thou me?". A bit worried Peter said, "Yea Lord; thou knowest that I love thee". For the third and final time the Master asked, "Lovest thou me?". "Peter was grieved" and replied, "Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee". "(Then) feed my sheep" Christ stated. 

Elder Holland goes on to talk about how we are like the desciples. We are called to not just serve the Lord in our calling for a few years but we promise to follow him for life. If we go back to our nets and return to our old life we will break his heart. When we choose to follow him through the waters of baptism it wasnt just for an amount of time, it was for life. And we cannot return to our nets. I was grateful for that training. It really helped me have an even great determination to continue to follow the Savior. 

This week was a challanging one. We dropped a lot of investigators this past week and went on the hunt for those who were wanting to follow the gospel of Jesus Christ. We had some great people marked during the week but we couldnt find them in their house. Wonderful contacts and references given. 

The mission has just been a great learning experience. Nothing easy but I am grateful the Lord gave me so many different ways to grow ;) Thank you all for your support and emails. It was so much fun to share the mission experiences with all of you. Hope to see you all really soon.

With much love,
SIster Goss

No comments:

Post a Comment