Monday, November 3, 2014

Sister Training Leader & Ponto Verde

This week I got called by President Mathews and he told me I would be transfered to the second ward and that I would be comps with Sister  B. (she is from portugal). We are the Sister Training Leaders of the Fogo Zone. I was shocked but super excited to have the opportunity to learn and to serve. 

The week started off with us going to the little town outside of the city called Ponto Verde. We are trying to open a group there with the Elders. So far this week we have been able to find so many prepared people who want to be baptized and who are willing to do what it takes to follow the Savior. 

Everyday we talk with someone in the Hiace ride and we find out that they want to be baptized or they have a freind who wants to be baptized... It has been incredible. We have marked 13 dates for baptism. 3 for this upcoming week and 5 for the next week (the others are further out). I have felt so blessed by the Lord this week. We have so many people to teach that we have to do divisions or we won't be able to teach everything to everyone in time. I just cannot believe how much the Lord has really prepared this little town. This sunday we had 34 people from Ponto Verde come and only 11 were members. I have just been speachless this whole week with all of the miracles that have happened. 

One of these miracles was I. She is 16 and came to church for the second time this Sunday. We pulled her out of the class to talk with her because we had heard she wanted to be baptized. As we talked she kept telling us that she loved the church and that she knew it was true. She was willing to follow the Lords example to repent and be baptized. We taught her law of chastity and the word of wisdom to help her be ready for this Saturday. She didn't have a problem with any of the commandments. We were so happy. When we bore our testimonies she began to cry. The spirit was so strong and I knew that she felt deep down inside that this really is the path of the Lord. It was wonderful. 

I love the mission so much. I love my Savior and my Heavenly Father and I am so grateful for alll that they do for us. 

Have a wonderful week!!!!!!!
SIs Goss

Pics of Ponto Verde



No comments:

Post a Comment