Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Another Wedding!

These are Taylor's letters form the las two weeks

These letters are always so awkward to start...
Earlier in the week we taught N. again (the one I talked about last week) and he accepted baptism. He came to an activity on sat, went to chruch on sun, and attented a baptism after church. I was talking with his girlfriend I. which is the one who referenced him to us and she said he wants to get baptised so bad that he is wants to get married and keep all the commandments, whatever it takes. YAY!!! Hopefully we can mark  a marrage and  two baptism dates this week. 
Also on Tuesday we were walking to our next lesson and, out of the blue, a man stopped us on the street and said he wanted to learn more so that he could quite drinking.  We could smell alcohol on him and so we told him we could help but it would have to be on a day when he hadnt drunk. We wrote down his information and marked to meet the next day(His name is Chatcho-too cool). The lesson was interesting. We found out that he had just come from Senegal (where they speak french) and had only been in Cape Verde for 5 months. He barely spoke creole. So when we taught in portuguese we had to go really slow, explain things multiple times, and use a lot of pictures from the pamphlets. He has very little understanding of the language but I know he felt the spirit. I can tell he is a smart guy but the language is just making it hard to communicate. We have a portuguese class that we have invited him to attend to help him learn more. He has a real fire in himself to change his life around and do better. I know that the Lord is preparing people and we just need find those who are ready to recieve this message.
I love missionary work so much. I cannot explain the feeling of being on a mission. It is something so much better than anything I have ever felt before. I know this is the same Church that Christ established on the earth 2,000 years ago. And I know through Christ we can all be healed, forgiven, and receive eternal happiness. 
I love you all!
Sister Goss

I didnt have a ton of time to do a weekly this week, but here are some really quick pionts.
-we talked with I. and N. about marrage and I didnt think they took it well but after the lesson we ran into I. again and she told us that after we left N. asked if she wanted to marry him!!!!! YAY!!! They talked to President Andrade about getting married in three weeks, just before thier baptism! They are TOO great.
-fast sunday testimonies were wonderful. Our ward, although small, has the best unity.
- this week was slow. a lot of appts. fell but Sister T and I still did what we could. I love her more and more as time goes on. She is so patient and kind. 
-we played charades (is that how you spell it?) for activity night and it was soooo funny.
- I love the mission and never want to leave.
Have a great week!
Sister Goss

No comments:

Post a Comment