Monday, July 7, 2014

New Area - Boa Vista

Ok, this place is BEAUTIFUL. When the picture thing works out I will send a couple.
The church here is really new so we have a branch of 40-50 people with a branch president that got married 2 weeks ago who got off his mission 2 years ago.  Real young. But it is cool to see how the church starts and grows into a ward. The members here have really great testimonies and I am exicted to work with them. There are just us two sisters and two elders that work on this island, that means lots and lots of people to find and talk to! :)
Sister T is great (she is a friend of Maddie's -roommate in college I think)! We have been getting along well. Teaching is getting a little bit easier day by day now that I am finaly getting the basics down.
We taugh a lot of investigators this week. We found this family on Tuesday. They have a little 6 month old boy, and I feel like the gospel could really bless thier lives. We taught the restoration and BofM and they seemed really interested. I find that the older you get on the mission the more you see poeple for who they can become rather than who they are in the moment. I really hope this family takes hold of this gospel. They could be so happy!
Since I got transfered two weeks before normal transfers there is a posibility that my comp could be transfered this week and I would have to lead the area. It freaks me out a little, but I know that if thats what the Lord wants thats what I'll do. There is a saying here in Cape Verde "no stress"...lies. Txeo (creole for LOTS) stress! But there is a loving Heavenly Father to help you every step of the way.
Have a great week! Love you!
Sister Goss

No comments:

Post a Comment