Monday, May 19, 2014

A Temple in Cape Verde & Faith

Sorry the power went out in the middle of emailing last week, and went
out again today. Just barely got electricity. Better late than never.
;)

These past couple of weeks I have been studying about faith. We have
had zone and district meetings on this as well. I have learned a lot
and hope some of this can help uplift some of the missionaries out
there.

Faith is a hope for things which are not seen which are true. Another
word for faith is confidence. It is a gift of the holy ghost. It is a
principle of power. We as missionaries are ordained with power, but
some of us dont know how to use that power quite yet. You use that
power through your unwavering faith in our Heavenly Father and Jesus
Christ. They never falter or diminish in power or authority so you can
always have faith in them. Through this faith/confidence in them you
teach with the power of God. You teach with the power you are given as
a missionary.

When we have faith in Father and Christ we will never become
discouraged because we know they know what is best. When an
investigator doesnt do what they said they would, or when less actives
dont come to church - have faith. Not in them but in God our Father and
Christ our Savior. As long as we contunue to teach doctrine and to
testify of the truth in simple and understadable terms, we have done
our part. We have to show them the path of truth, they must use their
agency to start walking down it.

This gave me so much comfort this last week, I am so grateful for my
perfect example Jesus Christ and in my Father in Heaven. They are
always there for me and you.

We had our last zone conference with our mission president this week.
I am going to miss him. But before he leaves we will be getting a
Stake here in Fogo! That is the third stake in
 Cape Verde, which means we can also start building
 a temple! We will be getting a temple here
soon!!!!!

These people are so wonderful and I cant wait for the temple
ordinances to be more accessible to them.
I love you all and I hope you have a wonderful week!

Sister Goss

No comments:

Post a Comment