Monday, April 7, 2014

Prayer is Real

Hello everyone!

 I love all of you soooo much! Especially the missionaries out there serving right along with me. The missionary emails just make my week so thanks to all of you. 

Well... this is the last week of my first transfer. Triste :(  I love the mission so so so so so much. I love this work so much. To all those planning/leaving on a mission soon (Sav, Daniel, Michaela, Shae, Kaylee) you will just love it. The MTC is fun and all, but the field is quite the experience. 

I have been having a really hard time with the language these past couple of weeks, and so it was my goal to start really praying with faith and a desire for the gift of tongues and the interpritation of tongues. Well, that made a difference. I was able to actually have conversations with people and actually understand what they were saying! The spirit was really strong for me this week. Prayer is real. Gifts of the Spirit can be given if we have faith and ask. 

So we have a ton of less actives in our branch... we have more less actives than actual members. So we have been trying really hard to strengthen the branch into a ward so that the work will be more efficiant and we can get help with finding more people. So towards the end of this week we talked with a less active girl named Rosa. She and her boyfriend live together and they have a little 6 year old girl. She has been coming to church every week for a long time now but because of the whole not married situation she cant progress and be considered active. So we decided to ask her what her goals were in life (She wants to go to the temple). Then I asked what her steps were to reach the goal (first was getting married). Then I asked how it was coming along. She replied that it was complicated. So my comp asked if she could see herself ever getting to the temple and getting married with how she living right then. She told us that her boyfriend didnt want to get married, and a lot of other things. But we then had a really heavy but spiritual expeience about how her life was not happiness and if she ever wanted to be truly happy she would have to change. Right then. Suddenly, her boyfriend walked in and sat with us. We told him that he was limiting his happiness and his families happiness. That they needed to get married or seperate.. Let me tell you I have never felt the room be so thick and so heavy but the spirit was there so strong. They know what needs to happen.  

In Ether 12:27 it talks about when you have weakness and pray unto God he will make it a strength. But I think its also when you draw nearer to God you find more weakness within yourself. You know what you are doing wrong and what needs to happen to change that. People who think they are doing fine, they don't have any big things to change about themselves, aren't close with God. And I have had this experience where I didn't feel I needed to change much about myself. But now being on the mission, trying to constantly be closer with God I have SO many things I need to work on. 
Being close with God means feeling that spirit of knowing you have done wrong or have weaknesses, but then commiting to be better and to change. 

I know that this is true. I have felt it in my own life. I try everyday to improve. I just want to be a better person and maybe/hopefully raise some other people up with me as I try to draw nearer to God. 

Love you all! Have a wonderful week! Thanks for all the letters!!!!
Sister Goss

No comments:

Post a Comment